Friday, October 10, 2008

New Job

So I have a new job that could turn into, albeit reluctantly, a fruitful career. 4 days a week I go into preschools and sing songs for kids ranging in age from 18mths to 5 years old. This job is awesome. AWESOME! Let me give you a lyrical sampling of what I throw down.

What do you do if your clothes catch fire?
STOP, DROP, and ROLL!

Then there are variations...pants, shirt, jacket, etc.
Another song we sang yesterday has these gems.


Pumpkin, Pumpkin, round and fat
Turn into a jack-o-lantern just like that.

That's actually the whole song. No verse, chorus, verse, chorus, bridge, chorus, chorus. Just chorus...or verse...I'm not sure which one that is given that the song has no other parts with which to relate.

The best part about this job that I have is the things the kids say. They're just learning to count and days and months and such. Here are a few quotes.

me: Who can tell me what month this is?
darling girl: September
me: that was last month, what comes after September?
young whipper snapper: TUESDAY!
~~~

me: who can tell me what happens at the end of October?
boy: Thursday!

~~~~
Generally these kids answer in days of the week. They get the month every now and then, but generally, they're 4...so...yeah, no physicists or neurosurgeons here.

This is a great job. It goes by quick and the money is decent. Beats the crap out of working at a call center. I know I won't be here forever, but it's going to be a blast while I'm here.

1 Comments:

Blogger JacobKillRobinson said...

is it okay for me to say that we get answers like that here at Baylor too... problem is... they ARE physicists and neurosurgeons... so keep your brain to yourself for these next years to come... you may end up with tomorrow being 7 and last month being a polar bear.

sic em october.

:)

10:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home