Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Everyday Conversation

In one week, I read the twilight Saga. It's been weird spending a week inside the head of a fictional teenage girl. Toward the end, I started interjecting metaphors from the book into everyday conversation to the delight of all around me. For example...

"I just need to let that go...like Bella let go of her new found thirst for blood for the good of her half-vampire child"
or
"I'm so confused...like Jacob was after he found out his best friend wanted to become a vampire, his mortal enemy"
or
"That smells good...like the scent of Edward to his lover, Isabella"

The last few weeks, I have made a conscious effort to remember who i was before I let the cancer of other people's opinions affect me so greatly. I'm slowly remembering who i was before religion enslaved my thinking. I'm re-learning the freedom that's found in a relationship with Christ. I'm finding out who i really was made to be...like Jacob did when he found out he was a werewolf...or Bella, when she first used her abilities as a shield to protect her family and all those who stood beside her.

I can't stop...
like James when he started hunting Edward's lover, Isabella.
CRAP!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home