Monday, August 25, 2008

Addiction

I have a horrible addiction. One that could potentially ruin my career in ministry. I tell the addiction here in hopes that someone can help. It started over a year ago. It started with a movie and now it has become my escape. I must confess...I am addicted to Harry Potter. It's true.
I first realized I might have a problem when I read the fan fiction online after my second reading through all the books. Today, I rewatched just the special features for the "goblet of Fire". When I had a few free hours the other night, I spent it all on mugglenet.com. I think I have a problem. It might not really be a problem until I actually write a fan fiction novel. If you don't know what fan fiction is, you probably can't help.
I HAVE, however, come to the understanding that I can love Jesus and read/watch harry potter. I even used it as a sermon illustration a few weeks ago. SO there.

2 Comments:

Blogger the deharts said...

Me and you buddy...all the way to the end. I wanted to die the only guy who didn't succumb to the Harry Potter disease, I wanted to be "that guy."

Unfortunately, I am halfway through #7 and engulfed in what will happen to HP. I've gone so far as to start referring to Harry Potter as just HP...

help!

1:17 PM

 
Blogger Athan said...

i refuse to help...we must band together and long for the dark Lord to be forever finished

11:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home