Sunday, November 16, 2008

I added white meat to the chili...mmmmm

I was going to be off for a couple days. My mom was going to take care of the kids one day and then we'd go out on a date. I thought it'd be easy. Bear in mind that last week, my father-in-law was in car wreck and broke his foot. So he's just sitting there telling us what to do the whole time.

Wednesday:
We went out to my in-law's property which has become a storage facility and loaded a trailer with boxes and stuff to sell in a garage sale. I had to beat two (2) snakes to death with a dowel. There was a flat tire on the trailer this day.

Thursday:
I went to work and the kids were little hellions. Not so bad, but the worst was coming.

Friday:
Garage sale. My wife wakes me up telling me it's 6:00 and we needed to set all the a stuff out. Yeah...it was 5:00. we never set the alarm clock back. We sell stuff. I lost the bank card. I almost lost the keys. Then they sent me out to the land to get more, HEAVY, stuff. I picked up (2) refrigerators, a king-size mattress, an electric recliner and a bunch of boxes. Then on the way home, I blew another tire on the trailer. It took 4.5 hours to scrape the tire off the wheel to replace it. Then I didn't have a bank card. I got home around 10:30.

Saturday:
While unloading the trailer, I dropped the mattress on our nice, old fashioned mailbox and smashed it beyond repair. Then, while carrying the box springs, the wind caught it and twisted my back just right. or just wrong. SO I go inside and lay on the floor. Then get up and decide to make chili. I cut up some onions. I start chopping some garlic and I SLICED OFF THE TIP OF MY FINGER!!!! I didn't nick it. I didn't make a little gash. There is about 1/6th of the tip of my finger missing with the nail. They had to burn the wound closed because they could not stitch it up. I'll post a picture later. It hurts like...like things I cannot say here. a lot. this is the first finger on my left hand. I play guitar for a living and that's an important finger.


I know this is a lot of little stuff. And I'm not depressed about it at all. I did feel the need to express the frustration level I was at when I decided to add some white meat to the chili. It was a rough day yesterday. But man, I love me some Jesus. He's still really awesome.

AND

I get to go see coldplay on wednesday. That might help. Wait...is Coldplay still cool? I don't know anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home