Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Connections

So I was browsing my facebook friends and realized that I sit just outside of a very cool circle. This is one of my dearest friends. He's a producer and has been around the block in a musical sense. He's got one foot inside the cricle or "circle". I just get to hold his hand.
Growing up in the christian subculture, I often looked up to the worship leaders I saw come through town. That and DC Talk...I have an unhealthy obsession with DCTalk. There are some worship leaders that are very well known and I have been privileged to be mentored by some of the same people that were instrumental in their rise to success. UNfortunately, I met these people just after they left this cricle or "circle". They've gone from itinerant worship leaders and speakers to worship pastors and pastors. They're awesome people and I am so glad to know them. They only benefit there is to my position in this...or outside this cricle or "circle" is that when someone goes..."You know shane and shane?" i can say "Yeah, I met those guys and went to school with one of their bass players" Or..."You know the Robby Seay Band?" i can say, "yeah, I met their guitar player...nice guy"
It IS awesome that I've had lunch with Kendall Combes. He's just a genius.

So here I sit, just outside the cricle or "circle". Maybe I'll get one foot in there sometime.

I'm going to go vote for Ralph Nader now.

1 Comments:

Blogger JacobKillRobinson said...

sic em nader

and can i come with you into the circle?

9:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home