Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Bitter Beer Face and wool sweaters

I haven't had a beer since I had this thick, bread type beer with some Austrian friends in college. So it's a clever title.

I've become a cynical, bitter person. There's a lot of things that have led me here. Illnesses, car wrecks, job losses, not fulfilling potential. I think about certain people who I feel are somewhat responsible and my stomach falls. I don't like feeling this way. What do I do about it? Do I forget what happened and those who had a hand in it? Where does their responsibility drop and mine take over? I don't like feeling this way. Maybe some therapy. Dr. Pepper does wonders. Why can't I drop it and move on? I want to.

My old roomate used to give me great advice. He says...uh...get over it.

BUt it's like that wool sweater that you think you look good in. No one else likes it and it itches like crazy, but you think you look good in it. That's bitterness. I don't like wool sweaters. I just need to get rid of it. I'm working on it. Maybe a trip will help.

4 Comments:

Blogger Brandi said...

This may be too personal, but have you ever done counseling? I don't know if you meant it as a joke or not, but counseling has done wonders for me. It really can help you get some perspective and shake off some of those 'weighed down' feelings.

Stop wearing itchy sweaters.

1:57 PM

 
Blogger Carolyn Webb said...

That wool sweater feeling will continue until you are pro-active to do something about the scratchy fuzzies. Doing nothing about it will not help. Seek a godly counselor and start your journey out of wool sweater land into the land of ahhhhz. You will be so glad you did, and so will your wife and kids. Just do it... swoosh!

8:56 PM

 
Blogger Nick Eason said...

Was that me? If so.....sweet.

2:02 PM

 
Blogger JacobKillRobinson said...

i'll go on trip with you.
i need some escape.

1:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home