Friday, February 09, 2007

The darkness

Though the name of a fairly decent 80s throwback kind of band and what Rick James called Eddie Murphy's brother in the chapelle's show, neither is what I speak of.
It is no suprise that all mankind is screwed up. There is this inane sense within us that it's just not right.
It's this darkness within that tells us we're not good enough.
It's this darkeness within that tells us me all the negative things about myself.
It's this darkness I have to fight.

In my life, it takes two forms, lust and depression.
Lust creeps in whether I am happy or sad. Something of a equalizer. If I'm depressed, it lifts me up. If I'm happy, it reminds me of my depravity.

It's the depression I am fighting now. These are the thoughts that bring it up in me.
I have been forgotten.
I am not talented enough.
I cannot support my family.
God will love me when i'm good enough.

These are also the LIES that perpetuate the cycle. Yet that is what they are. Falsehoods meant to decieve.

God loves me NOW. Messed up and all.
BUt WHo Christ is in me is greater than these things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home